Eastern Cape Children’s Choir Policy
CHOIR POLICY and EXPECTATIONS
The committee acknowledges the fact that parents, choristers and schools are in partnership with the ECCC which is an elective after-school programme in children’s already busy schedules.
All the stakeholders need to keep clear expectations in order to meet standards of quality musicianship and to provide meaningful musical opportunities to their children.
Your child’s participation carries with it privileges, responsibilities and obligations.
The applicable Covid-19 protocol will be strictly adhered to.
1. CONTACT DETAILS
Eastern Cape Children’s Choir: email@example.com
Mrs. M. van Rooyen (Conductor): Cell: 083 231 7398
- All children in grades 4-7 are welcome to audition for the choir.
- Pupils from Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage, Despatch and surrounding areas are eligible for audition.
- Children join the choir after a successful audition.
2.2 Membership obligations
- A minimum period of a complete choir year is expected from a chorister.
3. CHOIR YEAR
- January – 4 December
4. FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS
4.1 Fees payable
- A minimum fee will be charged to cover unavoidable administrative costs.
4.2 Method of payment
- The committee prefer direct deposits (EFT).
- The choir or any committee member will not be held liable for any financial losses if you choose to pay cash.
4.3 Banking details
TYPE OF ACCOUNT: savings
BRANCH CODE: 632005
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 911 475 6409
REFERENCE: Chorister name and surname as reference
- Venue: Erica Girls’ Primary School, Bayview Avenue, Mount Croix, Port Elizabeth.
- Thursdays: 16:30-19:00 during school terms as well as
6. DRESS CODE
6.1 Rehearsals: dress comfortable and neat.
6.2 Concert dress code:
- Boys: Formal black pants (no denims), black socks, black school shoes, white shirt. Red tie provided by choir.
- Girls: Red dress and black bolero provided by choir, black tights (parents provide), plain black pumps without any decorations (parents provide).
Hair: Only black accessories
6.3 Informal dress
- An ECCC Choir shirt will be provided to each chorister.
- Each chorister must have a neat dark blue jean (no torn jeans). Neat tackies.
Due to the very short rehearsal we have per week, parents must please ensure that the child arrives on time (10 min before starting time) and is fetched on time at the venue.
- Choristers are awarded for good attendance at the end of the year.
- Schools are informed and recommendations are made as to whether choristers should receive recognition as EP representatives at their respective schools.
- Parents are fully responsible for transport.
- Lift clubs can be arranged by parents
10. GENERAL INFORMATION
For more information:
- Website www.eccchoir.co.za
- Please inform the committee of changes of contact details
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”— Will Durant